At Iberdrola México we are moving ahead with actions to promote diversity, equality and inclusion. As of 2022, our company extended maternity and paternity leave, providing periods longer than the ones required by law.
The Iberdrola People now has the following benefits*:
- For mom, maternity leave will be 16 weeks with pay, which is four weeks more than established by law.
- For dad, whether by birth or adoption, paternity leave is doubled from five to 10 days with pay. At the end of the leave, fathers may return to their duties in home office mode for 30 days thereafter, allowing them to get more involved in looking after their children.
- Lastly, in the case of maternity by adoption, employees have six weeks’ leave, as required by law.
*These benefits apply to heterosexual and same-sex couples.
The company believes it is important for our employees to be present in the first moments of their children’s lives, so here are some of the benefits these changes will bring:
- Helping to protect their mental and physical health, reducing the risk of postpartum-related illnesses
- Strengthening their bond with their babies by spending more quality time with them
- Increasing job satisfaction by allowing them to take some time off and return to work afterwards
- Being close to the baby in these early stages, thereby building trust
- Creating a more equitable environment by establishing a level playing field for parenting
- Strengthening the paternal bond, which fortifies the father-son/daughter relationship.
For the newcomer to the family
- Improving cognitive skills and mental health as they grow.
- Contributing to the development of the child’s self-esteem, as well as their behavioral and emotional self-regulation.
- By creating a close bond with their tutors, they enjoy greater well-being and happiness.